SHEBOYGAN — It's common for housing markets to slump during cold weather. Though Sheboygan has not fallen victim to the winter hibernation thus far, the market is still booming.
When we took a look in October, Redfin rated the Sheboygan market as "Very Competitive" with a Redfin Compete Score of 71. Now, here in mid-December, it remains "Somewhat Competitive" with a score of 61.
Here is a rundown of how that's measured and how it has changed:
- October: Many homes get multiple offers, some with waived contingencies
- December: Some homes get multiple offers
- October: Homes sell for about 1% above list price and go pending in around 48 days
- December: Homes sell for around list price and go pending in about 51 days
- October: Hot Homes can sell for about 6% above list price and go pending in around 34 days
- December: Hot Homes can sell for about 5% above list price and go pending in around 37 days
As you can see, despite dropping down from "very" to "somewhat," the Sheboygan market is still one that is hot.
The average sale price on Redfin remains at $166,000 (down from $175,000), but the site still says that is a 37.2% increase since last year.
When looking across the three major online real estate platforms, here's a look the average list price in Sheboygan:
|Site||October average||December average|