Eight Sheboygan County organizations are receiving funding through the COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grants, which provides funds to assist cultural nonprofit organizations impacted by the pandemic.
In total the state is handing out $15 million to 385 cultural organizations across Wisconsin.
These are the organizations in the Sheboygan area that are receiving funding:
• Plymouth Art Foundation: $38,211.33
• Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra: $55,140.04
• Weill Center Foundation: $120,199.23
• Bookworm Gardens: $22,854.61
• John Michael Kohler Arts Center: $136,786.97
• Above & Beyond Children's Museum: $15,423.79
• Lakeshore Chorale: $6,582.65
• Sheboygan County Historical Research Center: $29,366.89
Grant awards can be used to cover pandemic-related impacts such as lost revenue, increased workers' compensation costs, cleaning and sanitization, and purchases of services or equipment to facilitate telework by employees.
“Just like small businesses, cultural organizations have taken a major financial hit,” said DOA Secretary Joel Brennan. “We’re all in this together. We hope that these funds will make it possible for us to be able to enjoy the museums, theaters, and music from these organizations once it is safe to do so again.”