SHEBOYGAN — City of Sheboygan homeowners who have faced a loss of income due to COVID-19 will now be able to sign up for mortgage assistance.
Last week, the city and Lakeshore Community Action Program announced the new Mortgage Assistance Program, which would provide up to three months of mortgage assistance to eligible households.
Eligible residents must meet the following guidelines:
- Reside within the City of Sheboygan limits (53081, 53082, 53083 zip codes)
- Own the home they reside in
- Have a current income of less than 80% County Median Income
- Not be eligible for forbearance
- Have had a COVID-related loss of income that has caused mortgage payments past due
The pre-screen application is available at https://lakeshorecap.org/sheboygan-mortgage-assistance-program/. For further assistance, call Lakeshore CAP at 920-682-3737.
Under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the city received two allocations of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-COVID1 & 3 (CDBG0-CV1 and CV3) funds. The city has partnered with Lakeshore CAP to develop the program with the CV3 funds for low-to-moderate income households affected by the pandemic.