SHEBOYGAN COUNTY — Due to a spike in COVID-19 cases locally and statewide, the Wisconsin National Guard will offer free community COVID-19 testing in Sheboygan County on Wednesdays and Friday beginning Oct. 14 until Dec. 10.
This week's testing event will be held at the county fairgrounds located at 229 Fairview Drive in Plymouth.
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 16 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Beginning next week, the site will be held at the Sheboygan County Aging and Disability Resource Center located at 650 Forest Ave. in Sheboygan Falls.
- Wednesdays beginning Oct. 21 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fridays beginning Oct. 23 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Registration is highly recommended ahead of time at https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov/en-US/
- A questionnaire must be completed for each individual if multiple people in your family are being tested
- No identification is necessary. You'll be asked your name, birthday, address, phone number, race, ethnicity and gender.
- Once registration is completed, you'll receive a QR code you'll need to present at the testing site.
Who should get tested?
- Anyone over the age of 5 experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive. Contact a pediatrician or healthcare provider if your child is under 5.
- COVID-19 symptoms include: Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, chills, muscle aches, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell
- You should receive your results via a phone call or email within 3 to 7 business days. If you test positive, a public health staff member will call you to guide you through next steps.
- Antibody testing is not available.
- No appointment is needed, but pre-registration is highly encouraged.
- A doctor referral is not required.
For questions on the testing site, please contact the Sheboygan County Public Health COVID-19 Hotline at 920-459-0321 or email@example.com.